CWC Nonfiction Contest
- Contest is currently CLOSED.
- This contest is open to all CWC members and to any resident of North Carolina or South Carolina.
- Entries must original and unpublished. This includes blogs, Facebook, websites and any other digital media.
- Includes articles and essays on any subject, and any informational piece that is not a fictional story, novel, play or poem.
- Word Count: Entries must be 750-2000 words.
- Please follow guidelines in General Manuscript Requirements, Eligibility & Submission Information.
- Multiple entries are NOT allowed.
- Entry Fees: CWC Members: $15.00, Non-members: $20.00
- First Place -- $150 Second Place -- $75 Third Place -- $25
- Prizes will be awarded in February at the CWC general meeting.
- For inquiries or questions, contact Mack Staton, Contest Chair.
CWC Nonfiction Contest Judge
Charles Israel, Jr., teaches creative writing at Queens University of Charlotte. His poetry chapbook, Stacking Weather, was published by Amsterdam Press. He’s also had poems and stories in Field, The Cortland Review, Crazyhorse, Nimrod International Journal, Zone 3, Pembroke Magazine, Eleven Eleven, Journal of the American Medical Association, Waccamaw Journal, and North Carolina Literary Review. He lives in Charlotte with his wife, Leslie.