CWC Nonfiction Contest
- Contest is currently CLOSED.
- This contest is open to all CWC members and to any resident of North Carolina or South Carolina.
- Entries must original and unpublished. This includes blogs, Facebook, websites and any other digital media.
- Includes articles and essays on any subject, and any informational piece that is not a fictional story, novel, play or poem.
- Word Count: Entries must be 750-2000 words.
- Please follow guidelines in General Manuscript Requirements, Eligibility & Submission Information.
- Multiple entries are NOT allowed.
- Entry Fees: CWC Members: $15.00, Non-members: $20.00
- First Place -- $150 Second Place -- $75 Third Place -- $25
- Prizes will be awarded in February at the CWC general meeting.
- For inquiries or questions, contact Darrell Horwitz, Contest Chair.
CWC Nonfiction Contest Judge
Judy Goldman has written two memoirs, two novels and two collections of poetry. To learn more about your judge, visit her website.
Judy Goldman is the award-winning author of six books--two memoirs, two novels and two books of poetry. Her newest memoir, Together: A Memoir of a Marriage and a Medical Mishap, was published by Nan A Talese/Knopf Doubleday in February. Her work has appeared in The Southern Review, Kenyon Review, Ohio Review, Gettysburg Review, Prairie Schooner, Shenandoah, USA Today, Literary Hub, The Washington Post and Real Simple Magazine.