CWC Nonfiction Contest
- Contest is currently OPEN.
- This contest is open to all CWC members and to any resident of North Carolina or South Carolina.
- Entries must original and unpublished. This includes blogs, Facebook, websites and any other digital media.
- Includes articles and essays on any subject, and any informational piece that is not a fictional story, novel, play or poem.
- Word Count: Entries must be 750-2000 words.
- Please follow guidelines in General Manuscript Requirements, Eligibility & Submission Information.
- Multiple entries are NOT allowed.
- Entry Fees: CWC Members: $15.00, Non-members: $20.00
- First Place -- $150 Second Place -- $75 Third Place -- $25
- Prizes will be awarded in February at the CWC general meeting.
- For inquiries or questions, contact Darrell Horwitz, Contest Chair.
CWC Nonfiction Contest Judge
Judy Goldman is the author of six books – two memoirs, two novels, and two collections of poetry. Her most recent book, Together: A Memoir of a Marriage and a Medical Mishap (published by Nan A. Talese/Knopf Doubleday) was named one of the best books of 2019 by Real Simple magazine. Together also received a starred review from Library Journal. Her work has appeared in Southern Review, Gettysburg Review, Kenyon Review, Crazyhorse, Ohio Review, Shenandoah, Prairie Schooner, Washington Post, USA Today, Charlotte Observer, Real Simple, Lit Hub, etc. She received the Sir Walter Raleigh Fiction Award and the Mary Ruffin Poole Award for First Fiction, as well as the three annual prizes awarded for poetry by a North Carolinian. She also received the Hobson Award for Distinguished Achievement in Arts and Letters, the Fortner Writer and Community Award for “outstanding generosity to other writers and the larger community,” the Irene Blair Honeycutt Lifetime Achievement Award from Central Piedmont Community College, and the Beverly D. Clark Author Award from Queens University.
To learn more about your judge, visit her website.